You’ve customized your ride, now it’s time to customize an insurance policy that will cover your antique or collector car with the care it deserves. In fact, proper coverage is the most important thing to have before you hit the road or attend your next car show or event.
Little known facts about insuring collectible and classic cars
Because the marketplace values classic and collectible cars differently, you will need a policy that provides different coverage than “regular use” drivers. Since classic and collectible cars often register as older vehicles, they aren’t evaluated at their true market value according to standard insurance practices. So if you have an accident, you could end up paying the difference out of pocket on any repairs or replacements you’re not fully insured for, or if there’s a gap in your policy you didn’t know about.
We understand how much time and effort you put into your car. That’s why we offer specialized insurance for antique and classic cars, modified collector cars, reproductions, replicas, restorations and modern classic cars.
With classic and collectible car insurance, one size does NOT fit all
Classic and collectible car insurance is different than ordinary car insurance because it’s geared to cover the full collectible value of your car.
In the same way you’d customize your ride, you need a customized classic car policy, which takes into account the car’s collectible value, the miles you drive each year, and many other personalized adjustments.
But unlike standard auto insurance policies, you only pay for what you need because you won’t need full time coverage. So you’ll be surprised at how affordable complete coverage can be for average classic and collectible car owners like you.
How to qualify for classic and collectible car insurance
When we submit your application for insurance, your insurance carrier may require us to provide some or all of the information below. Should you ever be in the unfortunate position of filing a claim, everything will be in order.
- Usage: It is your car and you should feel free to drive it. We will tailor your policy to reflect your driving habits.
- Storage: Your collectible car should be stored inside in a secure locked garage or structure. The following storage facilities normally qualify: residential garage, barn, secure rental storage unit, and others. Let’s talk about yours!
- Regular-Use Vehicles: Since you don’t need to drive your “baby” every day, carriers will require that you maintain “regular use” insurance in your name on a daily driver vehicle. Customarily, motorcycles do not qualify as a daily driver nor does public transportation.
- Driver Eligibility: As with other forms of auto insurance, your driving history will also be taken into account. Serious infractions within the last 5 years such as OUI, DUI, excessive speeding, driving recklessly or an alcohol citation could affect eligibility, but may not necessarily disqualify you. Minor traffic violations or accidents per household are generally acceptable.
The Central Valley Insurance Difference
You may think you want the cheapest insurance you can find, but realize you may not be getting everything you bargained for …
… While most insurance products are similar in price and function, insurance providers are very different when it comes to structuring a policy that actually covers you. So if you’re at all concerned for your financial well being, you should investigate what you are offered carefully, and consider a relationship with a reliable guide.
There’s no such thing as a one-size-fits-all insurance policy.
We’re your neighbors. We protect people we know and care about in, and that means we always look for ways to protect you better, including carefully choosing the insurance companies we represent to be both affordable and responsive.
Click on the quote request button now and let the professionals at Central Valley Insurance help you forge the strongest shield possible to help you protect the things you care about most.
Hagerty Insurance Company
Over 30 years, Hagerty has grown to be the leading global provider of classic car and boat insurance, but they’re still just a family business built on love for classics. Their passion drives them to keep improving their product and to give their clients the best service imaginable.
At Hagerty, they’re as passionate about classics as their clients are. Their deep knowledge of classic vehicles and their owners allows them to offer better coverage for less. They offer:
- Guaranteed Value™ coverage – They’ll agree up front on a fair value for your classic, and in the event of a covered total loss, you’ll receive that full amount, less any deductible or salvage value, if retained. Guaranteed.
- Flexible usage – Classic and collector cars were made to be driven. Whether you’re going to a show or taking a cruise to an ice cream shop, you are protected.
- Hagerty Plus® Roadside Service and Benefits – A comprehensive 24/7 full service roadside assistance program specifically for collector cars. It offers service for lockouts, battery jumps, tire changes, emergency fuel delivery and more. Includes guaranteed flatbed towing with soft straps.
- Expert claims handling – Their claims adjusters are trained in classic vehicle repair. In event of a claim, they offer stock original replacement parts and even have specialists on staff to hunt down rare and hard to find parts.
- Low premiums – Because they only protect classics, they’re able to offer insurance at rates considerably lower than daily driver insurance.
To make sure your classic is properly protected, contact us at 559-802-4094 to learn more about a Hagerty policy.
What Hagerty Insures:
Hagerty is the world’s leading insurance provider for classic vehicles, offering coverage for classic cars, trucks, motorcycles, boats, tractors and more. Hagerty also offers coverage for high-value collections, overseas shipping and touring, classic car-related businesses and club liability.
To make sure your classic is properly protected, contactus to learn more about a Hagerty policy.
With Hagerty’s Guaranteed Value™ (agreed value) coverage, they’ll work with you to agree on a fair value for the classic, and in event of a covered total loss, they’ll pay that amount (minus any deductible or salvage value if you keep the vehicle).
To make sure your classic is properly protected, contact us at 559-802-4094 or fill out the contact form to learn more about a Hagerty policy.